Tuesday, February 07, 2006

1. Massage Is A Good Thing

Back in late October, I got a wonderful massage from Pauline. During this massage, she asked me about the lump on my neck. I said "What Lump...huh. I don't know what it is." As it turns out, Pauline is my guardian angel. If I had not seen her, and if she had not said something, I don't know what would have happened. To Pauline, me and my family are very greatful. The following week I saw the Doctor.

The Doctor tried a couple of antibiotics thinking it might be from some sort of infection. That didn't work. Next was an ultrasound. Next was a visit to the surgeon.

He wanted some tests done before he did a biopsy. Once all the tests were complete, I was scheduled for surgery on 11/28. The surgery went without any complications. (That was the first time I ever had any anesthesia-that was interesting). Next came the waiting. The biopsy had been sent to lab in Dallas for analysis.

My appointment to go back to the Dr for the results was December 2. That was a long day. It almost felt like I had an appointment with the principal. Sharon and I sat there for what seemed like 30 minutes (but it was no more than a few minutes). When the Dr walked in, I knew he had bad news. He held out the lab report and said I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The next few moments were a blur. The next thing I know, Sharon and I were walking to the car in silence with a lab report that would change my life.

As we began to drive home, questions started forming in my head. How would we tell our two young girls? How would we tell our family? What will the treatment be? How long will it last? How ? What? When? ? ? ?

While I was driving back to the house, Sharon and I tried to come to grips with this news. It's difficult to drive with tears coming down your cheeks. I felt like the lump that was removed from my neck was back in my throat.

My cell phone rang. I didn't recognize the number. I tried to decide if I should answer, because I could barely speak. I answered the call. It was Tom Ryan. (For those that don't know, Tom is the founder of Dallas Athletes, coach, and friend to me). He wanted to know what we had found out at the Doctor. Now, up to this point, I had not yet said those words outloud (cancer or Hodgkin's Disease) about myself. With trembling voice and tears welling up in my eyes, I told Tom that I had cancer, specifically Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I don't remember the rest of the conversation after that, but I was glad he called. It was good that I was able to tell someone about this news before we saw our girls. Thank you Tom.

I'll continue with more in the next posting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love the site! V. cool. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

We love you!
Blaine, Renae & Natalie

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken your strength and courage are legendary. This is an important and powerful message you are sharing - keep it up Ken! Wendy, alexis, and I want you to know that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

Because you typify never quite, I share with you a quote from the USN SEAL Training: "the only easy day was yesterday" - you have the mental toughness to not only survive, but excell in all things.

God Bless

9:49 AM  
Blogger Alan Curtis said...

I loved reading your Blog 💜. I  have experienced the opening and closing of the heart or spiritual heart and message center. And have been releasing many testimony that have been helpful and still were held in my heart. I have been writing and posting up over this past month and in it's help a lot of people on their health problems and have come greater expressions of love and compassion for myself and others. I found that these past testimony that I have been posting at the time of mine get more attention in these blogs on information about herbal treatment of Dr Itua. I had no idea they were still being hell of sick people around the world till the deep posting  began and they came into awareness.Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my diabetes and my husband's erectile dysfunctions it's help us a lot and we thank Dr Itua very much on his good deeds to us so reason I have been writing about him on every blog I came across with for people with health issue can relate and get well with Dr Itua herbal medicines, Dr Itua can cure Hiv,Herpes,Als,Hepatitis,Cancer,Ms,Menstrual Pain,Parkinson and some other health problem human being can encounter.
Contact him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Thank you for your love and opened to sharing your knowledge with us all through this blogsite. All my love,

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home